Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thursday Morning

Well Wednesday was another busy day that started at 5:30 with the feathered fowls next door having their morning duel to see who could out crow the other. It had cooled down considerably but there was no frost so my garden survived. Actually I think the garden really loves these warm days and cool nights. After my quiet time and a lite breakfast of oatmeal with a banana I got ready to head out to the rec for a couple hours of pickle ball. It was a little nippy as I rode my bike but by 10 AM it had warmed up to the high 50's and maybe even into the 60's. There was lots of bright sunshine but the breeze kept it feeling cool. These temps are setting all kinds of records for Florida in March as usually by this time the a/c is going full time and we are somewhere around the upper 80's in the daytime and low 70's at night.

Nancy was watching Sam when I got home while Amy did some dress shopping for a couple weddings they are attending this summer; one in May in Miami and the other in July in Kansas. Sam was in the mood to have books read to him so we both read until it was time for lunch. Nancy was still under the weather but she had a prescription for and anti-biotic so I dropped that off at the drug store on my way to the VA for my doctor's appointment. It seems that's what she needed as she started that regiment and within hours we could tell a difference. She will take them for 4 more days but the yellow fluids have stopped already and she feels and sounds much better, yeah. I need to have a hearing test and I can only get that after my primary doctor at the VA prescribes it. Seems all those many hours flying in that jet aircraft is causing some back ground noise in my hearing plus Nancy say's I have the T.V. too loud when we are watching it together. This is a service connected liability so I want a hearing test to determine the amount of hearing loss and if I need aids later in life. 

Nancy had a big pot of vegetable soup cooking on the stove when I got back to the house and wow did that ever smell delicious. I headed out to work in the garden until it was suppertime and she took off to get her mom and have her for supper with us. I picked tomato's and a cabbage which must have weighed 7-8 pounds. It was huge and so fresh and she used about a 1/4 of it in the soup as well. We had corn muffins with homemade apple butter to go along with the soup, yeow was that ever some good eatin'.

After the cleanup Nancy drove GG home then I settled into the Fox News and then headed for the shower. I wanted to be able to watch a little of Survivor while the Idol was on so Nancy had the one T.V. and I the other. It was an interesting show on Survivor; one never before seen, I'm sure. The Idol have some really talented gals; can't say the same for the guys in my opinion. I decided to read on THE PANTHER the last hour which put me out around 11 pm, LATER

No comments: