Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wednesday Morning

Well it was a wet morning to start the day with a moderate to steady rain. We certainly needed this "duck weather"; but along with the rain a cool front approached as well. We had to close up the house again and don long pants and long sleeve shirts. The roosters weren't as active this morning I guess because of the rain, so I was able to get a few more winks until nearly 7 AM.

After my quiet time and a lite breakfast I drove to the rec as the rain was to hard to chance it with the bike. I wasn't scheduled to play in the mixed doubles for the pickle ball tournament but a couple teams cancelled from out of the area; probably due to the inclement weather, so there were only a few teams left to play. I picked up the rec worker Kristin who had only played a few times and a couple of the other regular players chose up teams and we managed to put 5 teams together on the floor and have some good play. Kristin and I won a couple matches against the pickup teams but lost to the regular scheduled teams, but the scores were fairly close and we had good matches with some great rallies.

After PB I stopped by the library and picked up a new read by DeMille titled THE PANTHER. Since the outside weather was yucky I spent the rest of the day and evening engrossed in this read and managed to get about 1/2 way through it. What a good read and a real page turner at that. While the book is a novel I think it's based on some historical evidence with Americans who turn against their country and head back to their families roots as a jihadist in the Middle East. I'm anxious to get to the conclusion of this story.

Well Nancy is still suffering from this sinus cold with a runny nose, sneezing and watery red eyes. I don't think she is contagious but if she isn't better in a day or so I guess she should see a doctor. This has been going on for the better part of a week and we are scheduled to head north to the Homosassa area on Saturday and visit with some friends who have a place there, as well as on top of our mountain at the cabin in N.C. We haven't seen them since last October and are so looking forward to seeing them. We use to see them nearly every day on our hikes to the top of the mountain during our stay there in the summer.

Well, we ate lite today with mushroom quesadillas for lunch and fried egg plant for supper; when we do egg plant we dip it in egg and cracker meal then fry it and garnish it with lots of fresh herbs and are usually to full to eat anything else. After the cleanup we settled into the FOX News channel then I headed to the bedroom and eventually the shower. I watched a little of the Lightning Hockey before turning the sound down and read until nearly 11, LATER

No comments: