Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tuesday Morning

Well Monday turned out to be down right chilly especially with the strong north wind, yikes it went from a/c to heat over night; at least it was sunny. I headed out on my bike for the rec all bundled up and it was quite difficult to pedal against the wind after my quiet time and a lite breakfast. We had a large crowd of players for pickle ball and lots of wet shirts.

I headed home afterwards to water the gardens, pick beans and tomatoes. I sowed some hot pepper seeds last week and I noticed one seedling so far is poking through the ground. I also sowed some tomato seeds as well, but so far only the pepper has decided to sprout. I want to take these new seedlings with me to the cabin when we leave in June and plant in my summer garden there.

Amy and the kiddos came for lunch as Ava is out of school for the week due to the Easter Holiday. They played outside in the back yard teasing and feeding the chickens next door until it was time for them to head out. Nancy took off for the rec to get her workout on the treadmill. I just read most of the afternoon as it was so windy and chilly outside to do anything else. We spoke with our "mountain mom" Helen and she said the weather there was terrible. The schools were closed early as ice was everywhere along with some snow and sleet; plus it was in the 20's most of the day with strong winds as well. What happened to all the earth is warming crowd??

We headed over to pick up GG and take her to Amy and Tyler's for supper. Amy made stuffed peppers with orzo and wow were they ever delicious along with Caesar salad and biscuits. I finally refrained from the bread and homemade peanut butter cookies they baked for dessert. Yikes that was a fantastic meal and the flavors complimented one another; I did manage to eat 2 whole peppers they were that delicious.

After the cleanup we played 12 rounds of Golf(card game) and GG won; of course we helped her throughout the whole game so we got a laugh out of that. We had a good time and Ava and Sam entertained us with their play together as well. We stopped by GG's and tried to find out what was causing her carpets to be wet still after the Friday night rain; it didn't rain that hard and the water is leaking into her house from somewhere. At first we thought she had a roof leak and this morning I remembered she had a stopped up drain last week and she had a plumber use a snake to go down the vent from the roof and I believe he must have cracked the vent pipe and the water is now leaking into her bedroom and hall way. We will have to investigate further, Oh well, LATER

No comments: