Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wednesday

I was awake at 5:45 when neighbors Nub and Pam headed out to open the Saddle Mountain Cafe for breakfast this morning for some reason; maybe it was because I went to bed around 10 PM after that tennis workout with the Daltons. I thought I would be stiff and sore this morning but I wasn't, actually I felt pretty good. After my quiet time and a hot cup of green tea I had a bowl of oatmeal with a banana and some mountain top blueberries.

After breakfast I got the paint out for the outhouse and got a coat of paint on it before we headed out to the top of the mountain for our daily hike. We took the long way up today as there was a nice breeze and it was still in the low 70's, actually it wasn't a real hot day and no where close to the hottest day of the year the weather folks fore casted. It stayed around the low 80's but we had a nice breeze as well as some cloud cover, eventually around 5 we had some showers which added up to a couple tenths and the dropped the temps to 70 degrees, Nice!!!

After the hike we had a left over grilled chicken salad with most everything from our garden; cukes, tomato's, 2 kinds of lettuce, kale, arugula, nasturtiums leaves and flowers, green onions and basil, wow was that ever good eatin'. After the cleanup I headed out to the lower shed to put a coat of stain on it. I managed to stain the front and about 1/3 of one side before it was time to call it a day at 4 PM. I filled in all the nail heads with caulk before I got started on the staining, at least I was in the shade and that was the reason I was willing to paint on what was to be the hottest day of the year.

We decided to use some of the cabbage, yellow squash, sugar snow peas and onions from the garden in a stir-fry for supper. It turned out yummy with all the fresh herbs as well and there was no leftovers. I fixed a couple small steaks to go along with the veggie stir-fry and wow did they ever compliment one another.

After supper and the cleanup we wondered around outside checking out the flowers and veggie gardens. Nancy put on a sweat shirt as the air really cooled off with the rain, not much else is going so LATER!! Here are a couple tomato comparison pics.

No comments: