Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Monday

We were awakened in the weehours to another torrential downpour that lasted for hours, yikes I was beginning to think Irene had done a turn about and headed inland and south. What rain we have been getting while accompanied by thunder and horrific lightning strikes. There is definetily no drought here this year, anyhow after my morning wake up by the rain and then the roosters I decided to stay up.

After my spot of hot green tea and my quiet time I checked on all that was happening in the world and especially the mountains. My heart aches for the the serentity and solitude of the mountains and those we know who live there. It will be after the 21st before we can make an attempt to get back due to some circumstances. We are glad it's our decision and not one forced on us but that doesn't make it any easier as we both long for the mountains. This heat and humidity is oppressive. Anyhow I ate a bowl of oatmeal with a banana before pedalling through the water to the rec. We had a great crowd the first hour and eventually had 8 well matched players until a couple of the less skilled ones came and messed the play up but it was a good workout to say the least.

After PB I headed home and spent the better part of the day inside as the heat and humidity was so great it was miserable to stay outside. Amy and the kiddos came for lunch and we spent the afternoon playing with them until is was time for their naps. Ava just loves school and Sam is growing like a weed. The gang came back for supper and I grilled pork chops with oven taters, green beans and a salad. We are out of my tomato's and the ones we bought at the veggie stand are yuck in comparison. The neighbor came over who have a little boy in Ava's class so they played outside after supper in the shaded back yard until it was time for their baths. After they were clean and in their pj's Amy headed for home.

Well I nearly finished a good read titled the LAST GUNFIGHT; its about the shootout at the OK Corral. There is a lot of history about the Earp's, Doc Holliday and the history surrounding the west. An interesting read and quite informative. LATER

No comments: