Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tuesday

Well it was another warm day after a beautiful morning with temps down into the low 60's to start the day. The sun was streaming through the tree tops with a nice gentle breeze. After my quiet time I chowed down on a couple left over buckwheat cakes with a banana on top. I then checked the gardens for deer damage and finding none headed to paint the windows and doors on both porch sides. I got the back porch side painted before we headed out for a hike of the day to the top of the mountain. We saw no one except someone at Tommy's house spraying weeds in the yard. It surely was getting hot on top and we were glad to be coming down the mountain on the back road.

We had grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches for lunch with a few corn chips and pickles our mountain mom, Helen gave us, wow were they ever tasty and we ate nearly a pint jar of them. After lunch I headed to the front porch to paint those windows and doors as well. I'm all finished except for the bump out on the second floor which will require me to use a ladder on the roof tied off to the front porch. Its a bit tricky but I've done it before but I think I will wait until it cools off a bit before tackling that job, I also want to stain the shed as well as paint the out house. I may do those jobs tomorrow as I will be mostly in the shade.

After the painting I spread a sack of fertilizer on the back woods yard and front yard then moved a few seedling up into larger pots before heading to the basement to cool off as the temps had almost reached 90, that is unbelievable for here. I spent the better part of an hour down there in the 60 degrees and I believe I may have taken a short nap. We were meeting up with the Dalton gang for tennis around 6:30 so we made supper a little early due to the heat. I grilled a couple chicken breast and we had asparagus and left over potato salad. Great meal and no cooking in the kitchen.

We headed out around 6 to the Dalton where Nancy and gals headed down in the pasture to see the new horse addition. Caleb and I pitched corn hole and he put a whupping on me in the tie breaker game then we headed into the town of Sparta to the high school courts. Wow I never would have believed I could have been a rusty as I was after almost 7 years of abstaining from the game. Pickle ball is a eye hand coordination sport but wow was I bad with the tennis racket, Yikes and I'm bushed as well. Anyhow we had a fun time and young Kallie shows some potential as she plays on the school tennis team. It was good exercise but I think I will stick with pickle ball as the court is smaller and the racket is much smaller as I really had a hard time adjusting to the length of the racket. We got back just as darkness set in, LATER

No comments: