Monday, August 29, 2011

Sunday

Well what a morning of rain, I mean gully washers, frog swallower's and down pours that were so hard it was nearly impossible to drive. We thought about heading back home because it rained so hard as we drove out to Tampa. Anyhow on the bright side the roof didn't leak so the repairs were successful. After our quiet times and a lite breakfast and a ride in some of the heaviest rain I've seen in awhile we finally made it to Tampa and Element Church. We were surprised at such a large crowd for such bad weather. We got to hear a great message, love up on our son and his family as well as renew old friendships. The worship music was awesome.

We had to leave right after the service as we were watching Sam while Amy took Ava to a birthday party at one, plus I was heading to the nursing home at 1:45 to help with the church service there. I got see some old friends there as well as I helped push them in their wheelchairs to the service. I learned a few had passed on as well. We pushed about 15 chairs to and from the service and I tried to pass on some hugs and smiles as well.

Nancy had Sam asleep by the time I got back so we watched a little of the little world series and the USA won in the bottom of the last inning over a tough Japan team. The Ray's also won beating the Jay's 12-0. We are still in the running for a wild card place but have only 30 some games to play to catch the Yank's which are 6 games ahead of us, anyhow it fun to watch a lot of young no name players take on the mighty Yank's and Red Sox's.

Amy and the kids stayed for supper and then bath time before heading out. We just chilled with me reading and watching a little of the NFL pre-season game before calling it a night, LATER

No comments: