Friday, August 19, 2011

Thursday

Those dueling roosters were having a field day at 6 AM and so the day began. I did observe something I've never seen before and wouldn't believe if I hadn't seen with my own eyes. These neighbors, the ones with the roosters also have a black rabbit; well this rabbit was chasing this one rooster and was attacking it viciously even while the rooster pecked viciously. Finally after about 5 minutes of this which at first I thought was animal play I realized this rabbit was fed up with this larger bird and cornered it next to the fence, yikes it meant business as it bit, pulled feathers and was very aggressive. That was one psycho rabbit!!!

After the usual cup of hot green tea and my quiet time I ventured out into the back yard, oh my was it ever hot and humid(that's when I observed the rabbit and the rooster duel). I folded up the large tarp I had covered the roof with while waiting to get the repair. I'm sure glad I brought that with me from the cabin, speaking of the cabin I'm not sure how soon we will get back up there. Nancy's dad has surgery on his index finger for bone poisoning on Tuesday and it will depend how well he does if we can get out of here soon after.

I headed out to the rec around 10:30 for some 2 hours of pickle ball play. There was a good number of about 18 players. It was good to see and renew old friendships and we had some hard fought points with lots of wet shirts. Starting next week the old schedule with a few good changes will take place as we can play every day since the kids go back to school and the gym is freed up for senior play. This game is really taking off and now there will 2 hours daily for the beginners and intermediate players after the more skilled players get their 2 hours in from 8-10 AM. It felt good to play especially inside the a/c gym as its been a summer of pickle ball drought in the mountains. Today was only the second time of play this summer for me.

I got in a little plat time with Sam and Ava before they headed out for their afternoon naps as they have been coming daily for lunch. Ava is doing remarkable after having the amalgam fillings removed and you can not tell at this point she had been infused with mercury poison from the fillings. She is taking a supplement called chlorella that helps remove the poison as well from her body. Sam is such a delight with a big smile always for his grand dad. We are keeping both kids Friday night so Amy and Tyler can have a date night.

Well I did grilled marinated chicken breasts, sweet 'taters and green peas for supper and afterwards we walked the 'hood. While it had cooled down to a crispy 85 degrees it was a delight from the 95 during the day, at least there was a breeze. I still had another wet shirt when we got home. I gotta get out of here before I sweat to a frazzle. Wow do we ever miss that mountain air and of course our friends there, LATER

No comments: