Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wednesday

Well once again it was another cold windy morning here in supposedly warm Florida. It was down into the high 30's with a cold north wind blowing so I decided once again to forgo working out at the rec due to this deep rasping cough which is still lingering in my chest, so after our quiet times and a breakfast of ham, eggs and toast I ventured out about 9:30 to hand water the gardens. I had on 2 shirts plus a coat and a ball cap and I felt the chill that comes with a strong wind. Yikes, we are sure glad we don't have to face the temp's our mountain friends are experiencing with the wind chill at below zero with snow and ice everywhere. Their forecast is for more cold temps and more snow in the next couple days.

I spend the rest of the morning catching up on some reading and after a lite lunch I pedalled out to the library to pick up 4 books they were holding for me. The sun was warm in protected areas out of the wind with temps reaching into the low 50's but you still needed a jacket when being out in the yard. I picked some fresh beet greens for sauteing with our chicken stir fry and rice for supper. Nancy had made a chocolate cake with white icing to take to house church so I has a sliver before she headed out. I didn't want to pass my cough onto to those who would be attending plus I didn't want to go out in the night air. I think I'll wait one more day before playing pickle ball and now I will shoot for Friday to resume my workouts on the court. Last year I over did the workouts while having this same deep chest cough and it layed me up for over 3 weeks plus a couple trips to the doctor; so I'm staying pretty much in until this cough goes completely away. LATER

No comments: