Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Monday

Well it was definitely a "frost on the pumpkin" kind of morning in here in whats supposed to be hot and sunny Florida, what happened to all those who are crying the earth is warming out of control?? The winds never let up all day and with the 40's and 30's overnight it was down right cold. Nancy and I feel for our " mountain family" as they are below zero with the wind chills and down to single digit temps. I see where more snow fell on them over night and more is predicted for the week. We are supposed to see warmer temps by weeks end but my garden whats left is looking pretty ragged. The cold wind has just about destroyed the beans, tomato's and basil.

I started the morning out with my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with a banana before heading out to the rec for pickle ball. It was good to see so many new faces and there were 24 total for the day as the cold weather drove lots inside off the golf courses and other venues to the warmth of the gym. I only played for an hour or so as I'm still hacking a little and didn't want to wear myself down and weaken my resistance to this bronchitis. The play was good and I quickly worked up a sweat. After leaving the rec I stopped off at the library for some new reads before heading home to play with little Sam while Amy took Ava for her first dental checkup. She had a good report and was instructed to keep on the routine she is doing as her teeth look great. I show her some of my lack filings and explain to her if she doesn't brush her teeth daily she will get those black teeth like mind. I think that really impresses her when she brushes as she says I don't want teeth like grand dad.

We had the rest of the veggie soup for lunch, my was that ever good on such a cold windy day. Amy and Nancy baked cookies until nearly 3'o'clock and I think they finished baking for this year. Amy took several dozen to give out to her neighbors and post man as well. I delivered 6 plates of cookies to the neighbors as well as to our postman. I've tried to stay away from them some are so darn good its nearly impossible.

I headed out to water whats left of the garden as there was a prediction of freezing temps to the area but we may be spared because of the water that surrounds our county. Just north of our area there were 20's overnight with a hard freeze but if we don't have below 32 for more than a couple hours maybe the plants will come back with a little warmer weather and lots of water. Tonight Tuesday is supposed to once again be as cold as last night. It was 38 this morning but the wind has calmed a little as of now and there is bright sunshine.

We attended a funeral last night at SFBC as the wife of a friend passed from a brain tumor, she was only 53. The church was packed as she was an administrator with one of the middle schools in the area. Well not much else is going on except little Gabriel has contracted the virus Annsley had but so far it just seems to be cold symptoms only. Keep them in your prayers as little Gabey is so young. LATER

No comments: