Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wednesday and Thursday

Well as you can tell I'm a little late in putting Wednesday activities to press but first I was lazy after getting back from house church last night and second there was a good Lightning hockey game on TV as well. The morning started out the usual with my quiet time and bowl of oatmeal but with cold temp's and a stiff a breeze. The heat ran all night and day with temps still in the 40's. Finally by afternoon it hit 50 but quickly dropped back into the 30's after the sun started to go down. I once again had to cover my tomato's, cuke's and a few beans as well as move most all my herbs into the shed.

Nancy took off after lunch to take GG shopping and was gone most of the afternoon. I settled in to a good book and just did nothing except for hand watering the gardens and front yard plugs. We were having house church later in the evening with finger foods and ornament exchange. No one guessed our ornaments as each person was supposed to bring an ornament depicting something that pertained strictly to them. Nancy wrapped up an airplane, actually a bi-plane for me as I use to fly in the USAF and a Santa figurine for herself as she collects Santa's. We had fun with a full house including 9 kids present. Wow the food was good with a layered taco dip and chips, chicken wings, meat balls, jalapeno poppers, vegetable tray with dip and some dessert which I stayed away from. We had a good turnout even though several folks were away.

Well we received some sad news today as our old mountain buddy Norman lost his wife on the 10th of this month. She has been in real poor health the past couple years and was on oxygen full time and could barely get around unless Norman was there to help her. Anyhow he just called us today and let us know that he was going to stick it out on the mountain for right now. Norman has really become quite a friend and neighbor to us as we saw him about everyday that we hiked. I really enjoyed helping him out from time to time with some of his more strenuous jobs like rotor-tilling his gardens and getting his firewood in for the winter

Well not much else is going on for Wednesday so I will comment on today's(Thursday) activities. The frost was heavy this morning when I rolled out about 6:30 to get ready and head out to the rec for some pickle ball. I'm back today for the full 2 1/2 hours workout for the first time in nearly 2 weeks. We had some great play with a couple new players one of which was visiting from Ashville, N.C. Sue was a complete player and we had some really fun matches with her as well as against her. She was a delight to play with and she also plays in Ashville inside a gym, she acclimated quick to our game. It was cold this morning with frost thick on all the roof tops but I had covered my 'maters, beans, peppers and moved the herbs once again inside. A few of the limbs were touched but I think the plants will survive.

It has really warmed up outside with temps pushing 70 degrees with bright sunshine so I worked out in the garden after lunch; feeding, hoeing and watering as well as trimming the dead limbs and leaves. I turned the heat off as its very nice outside. We are having friends Carol and Dan for supper this evening and then a few games.

I wanted to update all on Annsley and Gabriel health conditions. Seems Gabriel contracted the same virus Annsley had that effects the lungs but they diagnosed it in time so he is on a regiment of medications while Annsley seems to be finally getting over her illness as well. We are planning on spending Sunday after church with them. Ava and Sam are doing well and didn't contract the bronchitis from me which I'm happy about and that both of them are doing well. Sam is now standing by himself for seconds at a time and is just a great kid. He and Ava are so much fun together and she plays with him constantly. She just show's so much concern for him and is another mother to him as well as a super playmate.

Well not much else is going on LATER

No comments: