Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday

Well the cold weather has abated and left our area as the afternoon reached the warm 70's with lots of bright sunshine, finally. After my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with a banana I once again pedalled out to the rec on my bike for some pickle ball. We has a low count today with a total of about 8 for the morning. There was some great play and once again I managed to stick out the full 2 1/2 hours of play. Boy was I whipped when I finally got back to the house.

Nancy was gone to her Friday morning bible study at SFBC so I hand watered the gardens and the grass plugs in the front yard until Amy, Ava and Sam arrived about noon for lunch. We baked up a frozen pizza with the left over salad from last nights supper for lunch. We played around with the kids until it was time for their afternoon naps and when they left I stretched out in the computer room for a siesta as well. I had the window open and the clean warm air was wonderful after having the heat on for nearly a week. I then opened up the rest of the house for a couple hours to air the place out as Nancy took off shopping.

I had pulled our neighbor Jim some fresh collards early in the afternoon and decided we should have some as well so I pulled enough for a good pot and put them on about 3:30 and slow cooked them until about 6 o'clock when I put a couple rib eye steaks on the grille. We had some leftover turnip casserole so that rounded out the supper. The steaks were a perfect medium rare and that was the last of them we had in the freezer.

The forecast is for rain tomorrow which is much needed after the farmers in the middle of the state drained lots of water from the aquifer to cover their crops in a sheet of ice the last couple of days thus resulting in lots of dry wells and a few sink holes. The area will cool down a little but over night lows will stay in the 40's and 50's. Now I can handle that with daytime in the 60's and 70's. I think the temps hit 80 plus in Bobby's neighbor hood today. Well Nancy bought tickets for GG, Jill, Amy, Ava and Annsley to the Nutcracker Ballet tomorrow at the Largo Cultural Center so the girls will have fun doing that. On Sunday after church Nancy and I will spend the afternoon with Bob, Jill and the grand babies there in Riverview. Well that's about it for today and what we have planned for the week end. LATER

No comments: