Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Monday

Well I'm writing this on Tuesday morning after I just put the heat on for the first time this winter. We didn't get back from Riverview(Bob's) until late last evening so I thought I would update all on whats going on with us. On Monday after our quiet times Nancy made poached eggs in a skillet then spooned them out onto to toast something about cold weather and poached or soft boiled eggs. I passed on pickle ball as I had acquire the aches and chills on Sunday afternoon and had a raspy chest; not a lot of hacking but could feel it there deep down.Thought it best to save the energy to fight this instead of trying to beat up that little green ball with my paddle.

I did venture out to hand water the gardens as I let them get dry out on Sunday, the wind was really blowing and the temp's were down in the 40's. Afterwards I just hung around reading and staying inside out of the cold wind. Amy brought the kids for lunch and we had fun watching them entertain us with Ava's make believe and Sam's noisy chatter. He has learned how to push the button to make the music box play and he was thrilled. They left for their naps around 2 so I jumped in the shower so we could be at Bob's by 4 o'clock. Its about 50 miles but you have to go through Tampa and we wanted to avoid rush hour. The body was feeling much better but the occasional cough was still there so I had to make myself not give any kisses or hugs to the little ones.

Long story short they had changed their plans about driving an hour north in the cold so we just enjoyed Bob's homemade chicken soup with cornbread for supper then hung around and enjoyed the grand babies. Annsley and Nancy have so bonded this past month and she only wants her in the toy room as she also does the make believe voices for her dolls. Gabey is such a good baby and is a little butterball. He is a real talker and smiler, wow is he growing so fast and is already holding his head up for brief moments. We headed for Seminole and the temps were 42 outside with a good breeze so it really felt cold. I know this weather here is just a Fall day in the mountains but us flatlanders have thin blood. Just yesterday afternoon our "mountain mom" Helen called to check on my health when Andy Dalton from the Dalton Gang came by her place in Glade Valley to check on her, bring her a wreath and some fresh home grown eggs. He came in the house without wearing a coat at 17 degrees outside wind chill and said it wasn't cold enough for him and a coat. Oh well what a difference 700 miles make.

Well I've forgone pickle ball once again this morning on Tuesday as last year I played myself into bronchitis after wearing down my resistance. I'm not going to take the chance of doing that again especially with the cold ride to the rec on my bike. I did see some frost on the neighbors roof which is unprotected by the trees in my yard. LATER

No comments: