Saturday, December 11, 2010

Saturday

Well last night was one of the first nights in quite awhile I didn't wake up coughing, aha sleep was great until about 5 Am; then I turned over and slept in until nearly 8 AM. The temps here are still quite chilly with 40's and a stiff wind until late this afternoon when the wind stopped and the sun finally showed its face for the day. It warmed up into the 60's for a change so I set the sprinklers on the back gardens.

We had a mountain breakfast of grits, eggs and toast after our quiet times. I phoned our old cabin neighbors The Todds to get their new address and then rang up Kimberly as today was her birthday.Nancy decided she wanted to bake more Christmas cookies so she can hand out to the neighbors and the post man as well as our family members. She spent most of the day baking and made 3 different ones today to go along with the one she made yesterday. I just took it easy and read and did a few little honey-do jobs.It sure was quiet around here today as Amy and the kids spent the day with Tyler. We spoke with her by phone and Tyler seems to be getting better from his bronchitis as well. I found a couple of antibiotics that Nancy had leftover and looked up their protocol and they are used to fight bronchitis which is what I have so, I will take other one tonight before going to bed. Hopefully this is the boost I need to get over the top. I started feeling much better as the day wore on and the coughing has slowed down considerably.

It seems little Annsly has contracted a very contagious respiratory infection and she is on quarantine from little Gabriel as he is staying with his other grand parents(Jills folks) until Monday. Keep all of them in your thoughts and prayers as well. Well Nancy and I made a huge pot of vegetable beef barley soup for supper and we used lots of my home grown veggies; green beans, beet greens, parsley and thyme. Wow was that ever good eatin' on this cool day. We still have our heat on and its supposed to get really cold on Monday, somebody tell me this is Florida!!!

Well not much else is going on except tomorrow is worship at Element, hard to believe Christmas is less than 2 weeks away. LATER

No comments: