Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tuesday

Well once again it was a rather hot and muggy day but at least there was a breeze so it was tolerable underneath the big oak in the front yard. After my usual quiet time and a lite breakfast I pedalled out to the rec for 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball, wow what a workout and I was not the only one with a sweat soaked t-shirt. Afterwards I headed back to the house to do some watering while Nancy ran her errands. I had been putting off digging across the front of the house between the big oak and the house to intercept and cut any roots that might try to get up under the house. Last week or so I tried to plant some inpatients along the front of the house and it was nearly impossible because of all the oak tree roots. I cut out and drilled through a wheel barrow load of roots. I took and 18 inch drill and drilled through a couple big roots that I couldn't get too without destroying my recently planted flowers so I just drilled through them and hopefully that will kill the root or at least slow down their getting bigger until next fall.

I worked at that chore until nearly 3 PM then decided to hand water the front yard grass plugs before heading to the back yard to hand water the back gardens. Wow I never sat down all day except for a quick salad for lunch. Nancy headed out to the rec for her workout while I watered. When she got back it was going on 5 PM so we got ready to start some supper. She had picked up a nice egg plant at the veggie stand on her way home from her errands so she fried that in olive oil and I garnished it with fresh oregano, thyme and basil. Yeow that was the best ever as we tried olive oil for frying and fresh herbs made it dewisheous(Annsley's pronunciation). I had picked a bunch of basil to go in the fresh sauteed mushrooms, fresh garlic and onions that were cooking to go over the Pennie pasta, Yikes that was the best yet with a little red pepper and Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top, Ummm GOOD!!! So it was a meatless supper for a change but I was mentioning to Nancy if I had the availability of deer meat year round I wouldn't ever eat beef again its that good.

Well not much else is going on except its supposed to only be in the 70's tomorrow and I'm looking forward to opening the windows once again. Just an update on the garden; beans will be ready to pick along with some fresh lettuce next week. Tomato plants continue to set little green ones and the cucumber plant has blooms. The Swiss chard is growing as well is the kale, broccoli's and the sugar peas. The pepper plants I brought back from the cabin have new leaves and some new little green peppers as well. The new red pepper plants I started from seeds now have about 6 leaves each and its almost time to put them in the ground. LATER

No comments: