Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday

The weather here is just fantastic with no humidity and a warm 78 degrees with tons of sunshine and blue skies, not quite as blue as the Carolina skies but still blue. After our quiet times this AM and a bowl of oatmeal with banana and red raspberries I headed out to the rec on my bike for some pickle ball. We had a 4 some for the first 20 minutes or so and had some hard fought close games, wow was that ever a good workout and everyone had wet shirts. We ended with about a dozen players for the day and I was bushed by 10 AM and ready for a breather. I got my breather riding home on the bike and eventually to the barber shop to have my ears lowered.

I watered the garden while Nancy ran off to the grocery store and when she got back we had a bite of lunch before heading out to the front yard to plant some inpatients. Well as I began to dig the area where Nancy wanted to set out the 18 plants I was confronted with the big oak tree roots. Some were as big as my thigh and all I had to cut them with was an ax. Well I labored hard for about an hour before I finally cut the majority away and dug down deep enough for the plants to live. We then decided to plant the grass plugs in the front yard and once again we were confronted with the roots. I had to take a hoe and a ax to dig down deep enough so the plugs would take hold. The whole front yard is like that and no wonder we can't get grass to grow there from seed. We worked at that until nearly 4 o'clock before we headed in to get our showers before Ava and Samuel came for supper. Amy and Tyler were going out to dinner and a movie.

We warmed up the left overs from last nights supper and they were nearly as good as the night before. We gave Sam a bath in the kitchen sink and afterwards while Nancy was getting him ready for bed I walked into the room and sneezed and little Sam began to cry. It took him several minutes to get over that frightening experience with my sneeze. Well we are getting ready to head over to their house and give Ava a bath then put them both to bed. LATER

No comments: