Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thursday

Well it was a bit cool this AM as I rode out to the rec on my bike after my quiet times and a lite breakfast. We had about a dozen players with some really good play for 2 plus hours. Wow am I glad tomorrow is Friday and I get to rest a little over the week end except for plugging the yard on Saturday. I did a little yard work with the extra slabs of grass sod but decided to wait until the early morning hours to finish with the plugging as its just gets too hot in the afternoon.

I pedalled over to Amy's to pick up a few lettuce seedlings Tyler had left over after thinning out his Romaine lettuce. I then added more stringing along the back bean plant poles and around the tomato plants as well. After repotting the seedlings, I hand watered the gardens as well as the front yard. The kids came for lunch so we played with them as we will miss them the next 10 days as they leave for Kansas tomorrow morning from Tampa, I have to have them at the airport by 6:30 AM.

We had pork chops, collards, oven taters and green beans for supper along with having Amy, Tyler and the kids to eat as well. Sam is really growing and Amy gave him a taste of pork chop after chewing it up for him and he loved it. He really doesn't care for baby food and won't eat it at all, anyhow he is such a cutie as well as is Ava. They are spending Thanksgiving with all of his family in the western part of Kansas. I think I heard Amy say it was in the 30's there with snow flurries. Today here in Florida it was in the low 70's and Amy complained she was cold, what an awakening for her the next 10 days.

Well not much else is going on except I started a new book titled HALF BROKE HORSES by Jeanette Walls, she is great writer. LATER

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Collards...I looove collards. And I read another book by that author. The Glass Castle. Very good.