Saturday, November 20, 2010

Saturday

Wow what another gorgeous day with warm sunshine, low humidity and bright blue skies. We tried or I tried to sleep in this morning but Nancy was once again serenading with her saxophone snore, but at least when my head hit the pillow last night I was out til 5 this morning. After our quiet moments and a hearty breakfast of leftover fried spuds, fried eggs and a couple pieces of ham I ventured out to work in the garden and yard. I never once got hungry after that breakfast and its nearly 5 o'clock.

We finally finished plugging the front yard and then I dug around the the back of the house next to the oak tree there to make sure no roots were heading or growing under the foundation. There were lots of small roots but I quickly cut through them. Its been a work filled day and I love these days where you can feel like you've accomplished something. Now we hope the grass will take in the front yard and once again turn the dirt pile into a lawn. I dug and cut tons of roots from the front yard then added some fertilizer to the little bit of green grass that had survived then we set the sprinkler for hours.

I finished the book titled HALF BROKE HORSES by Jeannette Walls and was surprised at the ending. You will have to read it as its fun and very fast to read. She is a super author. I was saddened to see it end.

I sat out in the back yard to finish the read after all the back breaking digging today but what a nice day. After the read it was shower time and a glass of vino while Nancy put together a turnip casserole for supper to go along with some steamed broccoli and fried deer steaks that have been tenderized. Looking forward to this supper. Well will close for now as I'm relaxed and looking forward to worship tomorrow with son Bobby at Element and a little grand baby time with Annsley and Gabriel. LATER

No comments: