Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tuesday and Wednesday

Well the morning was overcast and a hard rain had fallen in the early morning hours. I did my usual quiet time and a lite breakfast then headed off on the bike to the Rec. for some pickle ball. I played hard for about an hour and a half but could feel that I wasn't totally back to strength. I headed back home between the rain showers. Did it ever rain hard and with thunder and lightning all around.

I then headed out with Nancy for Sam's to do her weekly church shopping. It rained hard off an on the whole time but we managed to stay relatively dry. We got back home a little after noon then Ava and Amy came for lunch. Afterwards Ava and I played in the house and I read a little while she watched some Elmo's World. They left about 2 PM and Nancy and I just hung out with me reading and she on the Internet.

Nancy fixed a pot of Tortilla soup for supper and was it ever good. Amy and Ava came and she liked it as well. It was a good day for soup.

The temp's dropped down a little after the all day rain and this morning I opened the windows when I got home from the Rec. I had to wear a long sleeve shirt as I rode to the Rec. about 7:45. I played hard for about and hour and could once again feel I needed to back off on play. There were about 16 players this morning so I eased out early.

We did know one of the four teenagers killed Friday night in Seminole. The family use to attend SFBC but we haven't seen them in a couple of years. He was 15 as well as most of the kids were of that age. Once again 5 teenagers in 1 car trying to make it home before curfew, with 4 of them dying in a high speed crash.

Well I watched the Tampa Bay Ray's whup the Yankee's 15-5 on Monday and then they lost 7-2 on Tuesday to the Yank's. Looks like they have a decent ball club hope they can repeat like last year. Well will close for now. LATER

No comments: