Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Monday and Tuesday

Well I must say the weather here is beautiful once again as we have opened up the windows to let in the fresh, cool, dry air.Its been years since we have had the windows open this late in April. I must say its refreshing except for the night birds which start about 5 in the morning they in turn wake up the turkey gobbler next door. Well you can imagine the racket that causes, so I may have to close the bedroom windows tonight. Any how all is starting to get back to some what "normal" around here with regards to our health. Nancy is having some adjustments to her new blood pressure pills but at least the pressure has been reduced to around the normal levels. YEA!!! My cough is gone except for an occasional hack. I'm back to playing pickle ball every day for 2 hours so I'm trying to get in shape for the mountains.

After my daily quiet time and lite breakfast's I ride the bike to the Rec. for my daily workout. It's taking a little extra to get back in shape from my 2 weeks of laying around with that cough. I still manage to read at least one book a day and some times two. I prefer non-fiction true crime or memoirs but a novel by Andrew Gross called THE DARK SIDE was recommended to me by my library buddy and its a good read and one with a different plot. I'm about 1/2 way through as I started it yesterday.

Speaking of yesterday(Tuesday) Nancy and I drove over to Riverview(Annsley house) and watched her from about 4 until Bob got home around 6 PM. Jill's folks normally watch her but Brian, Jill's dad had a serious eye operation for a detached retina Tuesday so he will be flat on his tummy for a week. Kept the Kuyatt Family in your prayers. We had a great time with Annsley. She now refers to us and grandma and grandpa. She is such a smart one with lots of word recognition also she like to stand on her rocking horse seat seat and balance like she's on a tight rope lifting her hands out and and exclaiming "tata". She even to tried to stand on the horse's head. Nothing about heights frightens her. Bobby fixed us a super dinner of grilled salmon with stir fry and rice. YUMM. We got back to Seminole around 9:15.

Well little Ava will be 2 this Saturday so Tyler's folks are on their way from Kansas and will be here for a week or so. We are having a big family dinner as Tyler is smoking a large beef brisket and of course lots of good eatin' and a party. They are taking Ava to Disney World for 3 days next week. Well will close for now. I just planted 3 kinds of tomato seeds, kale, dill, green and jalapeno peppers as I will take them to the mountains when we leave in May. LATER

No comments: