Monday, June 16, 2008

Transplanted some beets, bleached the house and took 2 hikes





Hey to all it was 52 degrees this AM. Nancy had her sweat suit and I had a flannel shirt on until I started moving about. The morning was still and the air was sweet with the fragrance of summer. The birds are busy especially the robins and are they fat. After my quiet time with the Creator it was time to get moving. I transplanted several hills of beets an put a load of clothes in the washing machine. Monday was always wash day when I was growing up........ After breakfast I took the first of 2 hikes to the top today. When we reached the trail that borders the back of our property we came upon the carcass of a new fawn(baby deer) that was hours old. There were 2 large dogs near the carcass but was unsure if they killed it or found it dead. We checked later this evening as we took our second hike and the carcass was gone with no trace that it had even been there.......I started bleaching the exterior Hemlock boards of the cabin. I took a bean sprayer and filled it with pure bleach and started spraying the black mildew that had accumulated since we had last been here(8 month ago). I finally finished up around 5 PM. Nancy was able to finish painting her fake birdhouse that I built last week. We had left over spaghetti for supper then took a golf cart ride out to the mail box. Later missing our babies and grand babies

No comments: