Friday, June 6, 2008

Planting,Digging dirt,Picking up meadow muffins and Feeding orphan puppies

Wow what a busy day and nothing to exciting until we stopped by Ray and Audiene house on our way home(in the golf cart) about 8:30 PM. First part of the day I dug dirt from a huge pile of topsoil I had made when I cleared part of the 3 acres we purchased 3 years ago. I filled in all of the planters, around plants and used some for new seedlings. Nancy and I then took a nice hour+ plus hike to the top of the mountain came back and finish the smoked chicken left overs. We then loaded up trash cans and headed over to our friends Eddie and Kimberly for some "field gold" or "meadow muffins" in reality they are horse turds a gardener's delight. Nancy and Kimberly dug tons of plants from her beautiful flower gardens for our rather sparse but finally starting to respond( after nearly 2 weeks of care) gardens. The afternoon was very HOT with temp's near 90. Unbelievable for this time of year!!!! I managed to spread most of the mature before we had a light supper. After eating we began to plant all of our treasures in the many flower gardens,the only plant that seems a little stunned is the Butterfly Bush. Hopefully it will regain. The sun was starting to recede from clear skies so we went for a GC(golf cart) ride up to the top where we had spotted some wild foxglove plants growing. We dug 5 plants and then headed back when we stopped at the Todds. We found out that Pepper, Ray's Blue Heeler dog who had given birth to 3 pup's 6 days ago, had died. They were trying to feed the little feller's with a small bottle and syringe. We stayed until 9:30 PM before heading back to plant the foxgloves. With flashlight in hand we dug in the circular garden. This morning we checked and they all look good. I then tried to write this blog last night and was about to publish it when I fell asleep and hit the wrong button. I could never pull it back up but instead re-published the day before. So forgive me. Later I will catch up on todays activites. Later missing our babies and grand babies.

No comments: