Sunday, June 8, 2008

Company,Weinie Roast, Games and God's Jewerly











Hey all, Yea I'm on line over night. What a nice feeling to crank this laptop on and there all of you are. If anyone is old fashion(I still turn my garden over(plow) with a shovel.) I think I would have loved to be a farmer or pioneer in the 1700's. But anyhow I'm part of the 21st Century and love all of these fast ways to communicate and to be visual..... Saturday was another great day to have fun(work) and to entertain guests. Our very big white pine in the back yard is spewing out yellow pollen(sperms) everywhere to pollinate all of those female cones(eggs). I meant pollen is everywhere so I took the garden hose and sprayed the porches, decks and furniture. It looked nice for awhile but by the time company arrived it was coated again(persistent little buggers.) Next I resuscitated the old badminton net(cut new poles that had been growing in the woods) and retied the net to the poles. Looked nice and saved some $...... I had a nice oak fire going at 5 PM so it would just be hot coals for the hot dog roasting which started at 6 PM. Caleb Dalton(2 nd grade mutton buster) brought me 2 (12 inch) rainbow trout he had caught that morning. Thank You Caleb..... Hot dogs are great over an open fire with a green stick rammed lengthwise through its length. Clara and Clarence Crouse(good mountain friends) brought "Angel eggs, cole slaw and chili for the dogs."Mechelle and Andy Dalton(movie stars) along with Callie , 8 th grader brought baked beans and last but not least ,Jodie Freeze brought drinks and 'tater chips(jalapeno & 'mater ones) Yummm, what a feed. Jodie and her 2 boys(Cortland, a sophomore, Gabriel, a 3rd grader) are our mountain neighbors. Badminton was a hit for the 4 youngsters and they entertained themselves most of the evening whacking the birdie. We introduced Balderdash to the Company; but these folks are die hard, "chicken foot" domino's players. Yours truly was the biggest loser in domino's, yet was the big winner in Balderdash ( this is a bluffing game)...... I was awakened by the dog pound around 4 AM and never really got back to sleep. ......We had a great worship experience at Cornerstone and came back for a superb lunch of basil, oregano( fresh Herb's) with shrimp and pasta. While Nancy was preparing this feast I noticed how beautiful the Mountain Laurel looked as you drive up our driveway...YUmmmm. I'm fighting an afternoon nap as I write this. Better go before I hit the wrong button. Love to all, Missing our babies and grand babies.

No comments: