Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday

Well it was another work day for me except for a another trip to Sparta. The morning started early as I was awake at 5:30 but laid there until 6 when I finally rolled out of the sack. After my quiet time I fixed a couple poached eggs and mixed them up in a bowl of grits with melted butter. Yumm, what a way to start the day after my handful of supplements and some honey and vinegar. It was cool again this morning with a reading of 56 when I checked around 6:30.

After breakfast I headed out to check on the gardens and to water a few flowers and veggies I still have in pots. I then filled the weed whacker with petrol and commenced to weed eating and edging the total property. Neighbor Gerald came by so I took a break and we moved a large queen size bed from his basement to mine so Bobby and Jill can sleep there next week. That has been the main reason I did so much work down there the past couple of days. I must say it a big difference from when I used the basement for my special projects and for storage. I still have my workbench there but many of my tools are gone to the shed and underneath the front porch storage area. So much for my "man cave".


After getting the bed moved and situated I headed back to my weed whacking until lunch time when another fresh delicious salad was the main course, actually that was the only course. I then dug out the safety fence we put up around the porches and deck to keep youngsters from accidentally falling through the porch stanchions. It seems there must be 6-8 inches of space between each upright support which would prohibit a normal sized person but with small children they easily could get between them and fall. That must be at least 12-15 feet to the ground, so we have made it very difficult for that type of accident to happen. This cabin is not a kid friendly place with the stairs, porches and deck so high off the ground and hard wood flooring.

We headed to Sparta after the safety fence was installed for another drug store run, grocery run and then a vegetable stand run. Hopefully this will be the last run for food for awhile. I did pickup some onion sets at the veggie stand and planted 2 more rows of them in the lower gardens empty space that I rotor-tilled last evening. After a supper of mushroom pizza I headed out to mow for about 2 hours and finally finished up just before dark. I did get my hike in today but Nancy did while I mowed. I did get a lot of up and down workout while weed whacking this morning. Well we stayed out side and watered the gardens until after 9 PM, LATER

No comments: