Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday

Well it was warm this morning with temps near 70 when we awakened around 6:30. After my quiet time and a breafast of buckwheat cakes with a banana and blue berries in the batter we got ready to head out to Sparta. First we got a load of laundry on the line as temps were to be in the high 80's but actually reached 92 today, Wow is that HOT for here. We headed out around 10 AM and stopped at the new pottery place on the outskirts of town. We saw nothing there that sparked our interest so we headed to the library to pick a few reads then headed to Farmers Hardware before going into the Smitty Shop.

We had lunch at the Mustard Seed Cafe and lunch was great and reasonable and the place was jumping with customers. I bought a new 50% off straw hat as mine is starting to show some wear plus lots of sweat streaks. We then headed to Family Dollar for some canning lids then stopped off at Food Lion as its the only place that carries her shampoo. We then headed out of town and made one last stop at hawks produce for some spuds,'maters, beans and onions. We got back to the cabin around 3 PM and then decided to head to the basement as its about 60 degrees down there. The outside temps were just nearly unbearable.

I strained my wine berry must and moved it into 2 glass jugs with ballons on top then I smashed my black berries and got them ready to for the yeast tomorrow. I'm not making as much wine this year as its cheaper to buy plus I don't have all that mess, anyhow the novelty is starting to wear off just a tad.

We cooked some 1/2 runner beans along with fresh carrots for supper as we were eating lite. After the cleanup we took our walk to the top and thankfully the temps had started to drop down to being comfortable once again. LATER I almost forgot that I picked 10 red ripe tomato's today..they all fitted on a soup spoon but they tasted good.

No comments: