Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday

Today started out at 6 AM when I rolled out as I promised to help good friend Eddie weed wack his steep hill behing his house. I made myself a couple poached eggs with some deer sausage in a bowl of grits after my quiet time. I reached his farm a little before 8 and already it was starting to get warm. There was a heavy dew along with the rain last evening so the hill was very slick besides being almost straight up and down. Well it took 2 of us about 2 1/2 hours but we got her done before then I loaded up several containers of horse manure for my compost pile.

I got home around lunch time and we had a salad and afterwatds I headed down to basement to work on sorting out all the stuff I had stored ynder the porch while we had company. I spent the better part of the afternoon doing that in the cool basement until 4 PM so I headed down to the lower garden as the sun usually is hidden bt the trees that time of day. I loosened up the dirt around the plants as the wet weather we've been having keeps the dirt packed hard.

Nancy had a pot of pinto beans cooking along with some smoked turkey necks for flavoring , yikes was that ever good eatin over white rice. After the cleanup to took our daily hike to the top of the mounatain then walked the long way home down past Ray's old cabin. Wow was that pull up our hill a work out. Not much else going on except tomorrow is a rest day as we go the Galax for shopping and a haircut. LATER

No comments: