Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday

Well first I need to apologize for last nights post as I could barely keep my eyes open and I never went back and proof read the piece. I read it this morning and I'm embarrassed for the grammar and spelling errors. Usually when I'm that tired I write it the next morning, Oh Well!! This morning was most uneventful except I rolled over at 6 AM and slept in until nearly 7:30, yikes!!! We decided to take the day off for a couple reasons; one, I had a hard day yesterday and two, it was supposed to be a very hot and humid day and it was.

We headed out for Galax around 10 AM after my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with blue berries, peach and a banana with a little cinnamon and a splash of milk. I hung a load of laundry while Nancy got really to head out. We headed to the post office in Galax to mail Jill's makeup kit she left here last week then Nancy wanted to copy some pics from the camera so I headed up to the barber shop and got my ears lowered then gassed the truck and got a can for the golf cart. I headed back to pick her up at CVS then we headed to a new Mexican restaurant El Torito for lunch. The chips and salsa were excellent as well as the 2 entrees we had and all for less than 10 bucks for the two of us.

We next headed for Wal-Mart for some goodies and then headed back to the cabin with a couple other stops for veggies and fertilizer. It sure was hot in Galax and very humid so much so we ran the a/c in the truck which is unusual for here. After getting home I fertilized the back woods yard and my shirt was soaked in no time; since I was on the shade side of the house I finished staining the area left undone on the upper side of the cabin from last week when I ran out of stain. That only took me an hour or so and my shirt stayed soaked with sweat. We could hear rumblings in the distance but no precipitation as a shower would really coolthings off. The basement was nice so I cooled off down there for awhile before it was time to start supper.

I cut my first head of cabbage from the lower garden and while it wasn't huge it was very good. Nancy made salmon cakes and I picked some fresh parsley for some 'taters. We topped the meal off with some fresh cantaloupe. I did the dishes and afterwards we got ready to head out for the hike of the day. It was still nearly 80 degrees at 7:30 but the evening shade did make a difference. There was a small breeze which helped to make it bearable. Tomorrow is supposed to be hotter yet. In the morning we heading over to our "mountain mom, Helen's" field to pick black berries for jam and wine. Did I mention I have a gallon of wine berry must cooking in the basement. I will let it cook for 5 days or until it stops gurgling then strain it and let it cook some more. The color is beautiful and the taste is nice, hopefully it will age well.

Well better get out of here and check on the Rays, they lost again last night to the Yankees and are losing at present. LATER

No comments: