Saturday, July 23, 2011

Friday

Well it was another warm day with temps up into the low 90's and lots of humidity, thankfully the nights cooled down into the 60's so sleeping was no problem. After sleeping in until 6:30 and our quiet times we had a lite breakfast of oatmeal and me with a buckwheat cake. I jumped in the golf cart and headed to the top of the mountain to pick some blue berries that were starting to ripen at Ms. Helen. I told her I would pick them for her and she insisted we share them which is great for us. I cleaned out around the bushes last fall but another vine type bush along with a few briar's have moved back in so as soon as the heat wave breaks I'll attempt to clean up the patch again with clippers. I gathered about a pint but there seems to be a bunch to ripen in the near future especially with all the heat.

I drug out the paint brush and ladder and painted the fascia boards on the porch sides of the cabin then started on the front porch side when it got to hot in the sun. I managed to finish the front side with the stain before it got to HOT. I will paint the spacer boards black this morning but that doesn't require any high ladder work so that should go fast. After staining yesterday we took our shower then cooled off with a cool rinse and wow did I ever take a 30 minute power nap with the nice breeze that finally came with the thunder and rain clouds. We were heading over to Gerald and Kay's(Mechelle's folks) for supper and Sequence afterwards so we had our showers out of the way for the day. We finally got about a 20 minute rain shower which dropped the temps into the low 70's, boy did we ever need that.

Supper was great with pulled pork barbecue, corn on the cob, slaw, sliced home grown tomato's, cantaloupe and home made peach and berry ice cream. I had just a taste of the ice cream which was great but I made up for it with the rest of the delicious dinner. I almost forgot Nancy made her potato wedges to go along with the rest. Well the after supper came was once again in favor of the gals; at least we won 3 out of 8 games. We decided to call it a night around 9:30 and headed for the cabin. Mechelle and Kallie entertained us with their world wind California trip stories and pictures. Its been 40 plus years since I last saw the smog that surrounds that metropolis.

Well the Rays played well against the Yank's but were getting beat by the Royals as I headed in to read before calling it a day, LATER

No comments: