Saturday, July 2, 2011

Saturday

Well once again I'm awake at 5 AM but layed there until 7 when I finally could no longer think of things that needed to be thought through before doing. Nancy was snoozing so I quietly got up and closed the wimdows as it once again had cooled down into the 50's duing the night. After my cup of hot green tea I did my quiet time and then headed out to the gardens for a deer check. Once again the deer "scare" fence worked. I had lots of small piddly jobs lined up to do outside then headed in to help Nancy with some cleanup after all her cooking and wash dishes.

She made a ton of meatballs, spaghetti sauce, cooked off a ham and I sliced it for lunch meat and then made a coconut pie for dessert tomorrow night. I feel like we are caters with all the food we made and bought for our guests. After helping her I sprayed the driveway with weed and grass killer then transplanted some flowers moving them up to bigger pots. We then headed out for our hike of the day. We ran into several from up on top as there were a ton of folks visiting. Even though it reached the low 80's it was 10-15 hotter from where most of these visitors came. All complained of the heat off the mountain.

We decided to eat some of the sliced ham for lunch and then for supper we saved out enough meatballs for a sub. After supper we got ready to head north to the Blue Ridge Music Center on the Parkway just north of Galax. There was a free concert tonight with 2 good bands and lots of "buck dancing" which is soft shoeing or clogging. We got there at 7 and stayed until 9 and made it back to the cabin just as it got real dark out. We only saw 1 deer in the roadway. Well tomorrow is worship Sunday and then our guests are scheduled to arrive before supper. LATER

No comments: