Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tuesday June 1st

Wow what a busy day that started at 6:30 when I jumped out of the sack, did my quiet time and had a piece of pound cake for breakfast, I know it wasn't the best choice but I just couldn't let it go to waste, especially since Joe made it. After eating I headed outside to check on my "slug motel with the wet bar" and low and behold out of 3 traps I had a total 21 DRT's(dead right there) slugs and how happy that made me until after looking closely at my marigolds I picked off another dozen and of course smashed them and tonight after getting back from our evening hike I found another 50 or so on Nancy's flowers out front in the various beds. We must have an infestation, anyhow I mixed up a strong batch of malathion and sprayed all of the beds just before dark and I must have seen another 50 plus on all kinds of plants. Oh well the beer trap seemed like a good first idea but there are just too many.

We had 3 different rain showers today with a really nice evening shower just before supper. I managed in between the showers to get the yards mowed and edged as we are having our first guests of the summer to arrive in the afternoon, so I want to have time to play while they are here. The UPS guy brought me a part for my fan motor on the dehumidifier this afternoon so I got it fixed and its once again taking the moisture out of the basement and getting rid of the musty smell.

We managed to get in 2 hikes today and both times we made the steep pull through our woods to the top without stopping. We really are starting to feel the difference with these hikes and Nancy actually had a little extra looseness in her jeans. Our lunch was leftover brats and for supper we had leftover squash casserole, fried ham, collard greens and a salad with a scoop of potato salad on the top. Nancy made a big bowl it for company as well chocolate chip cookies, getting ready to put those couple pounds back on we lost this last week, Oh well should be fun and of course we will hike, play games and maybe I will get the chance to introduce them to pickle ball. Well better go as I just came it at 9:15 and it wasn't quite pitch black. LATER

1 comment:

farmrgurl said...

one word for your slug problem...CHICKENS!