Sunday, June 27, 2010

Saturday and Sunday

Well Saturday was once again another scorcher in Florida and after rolling out around 6:30 and taking a few quiet moments to reflect, give thanks and to give lip service to those who I know needed some extra special care. Nancy made a couple fried egg sandwiches with pickle, lettuce, onion and tomato on toast with mayo. Yumm is that ever good eatin'. We initially were going to the beach but when its nearly 90 at 9 o'clock we decided we had to much to do to get ready to head back to the cabin on Sunday morning, so that's what we did; clean house, vacuum, do laundry and pack. I did manage to finish a read in between all that until Tyler came around 2 PM to wax his car under my big oak. I helped him and with the 2 of us it only took an hour or so and we even did my truck with the liquid wax you put in the wash water. Wow was it ever hot and we both were wet with sweat. The heat index was over a 100.

Nancy had I had everything packed except for some little stuff so we got cleaned up and headed over to Amy and Tyler's for dinner. She had a meat loaf cooking with baked potato's, black eyed peas and corn along with a Caesar's salad. She getting to be quite the cook. We had not only a great meal but a couple hours to play and love up on Ava and Samuel before heading home. Incidentally the Ray's won Saturday night but I just learned they lost Sundays match up with the Diamondbacks.

Speaking of Sunday we got on the road around 4:30AM for the trip back to the cabin. It was 89 when we left and so humid it kept me in a constant sweat while loading the truck.The trip was wonderful with little traffic until we reached Charlotte where temp was 100 degrees, Yikes that's even hotter than Florida. When we pulled in around 3 PM the temp on the back porch was 86, Yeow that really hot for here. Everything looked good as our "mountain mom" came by a couple times and watered some of the potted flowers. I picked a couple cukes and the 'maters plants are loaded with golf ball size 'maters. The Zucchini plant has a few small little squashes. That poison I put out for the slugs worked as I saw no new damage since we left 9 days ago. The wine berries are just about to burst forth and the bushes are loaded. I then hand watered until it was time to eat.

After a quick supper of a frozen pizza and a salad we headed out for a hike to the top, although we made the top we shorten the distance as it was beginning to rumble down off the mountain and we didn't want to get caught in one of these electrical storms. Anyhow it was still around 80 when it finally started to rain at 8:30 and it has drastically cooled the temp's off as well as cut the humidity out. What a beautiful soft rain and while we had about an inch while we were gone everything was dry and in need of this good drink with no fireworks.

Well I'm starting to get my second wind now that its cooled off so I'll talk at ya tomorrow. Later.

No comments: