Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wednesday

The day started the usual with my quiet time, a "spot of green tea" with a bowl of oatmeal on the side before I headed to the rec to workout on the elliptical. Hopefully I can get a little pickle ball in tomorrow with the gang as they are relegated to just 2 days in the gym due to the summer camp for kids out of school. Anyhow I had a good hour workout with the bike ride to and from. After the workout I did the outside yard work before it got to blazing hot and believe me it did get hot by lunch time. After edging, clipping, raking and mowing I took the garden hose and cooled off, yikes was that ever refreshing.

Amy and the the grand babies came around 11:30 so we had lunch and then I had an appointment with a new insurance agent. After that Nancy and I played with them while Amy slipped out to get her hair cut and styled. Samuel really fights taking a nap as he like to be around all that's going on but Nancy finally rocked him to sleep for about 15 minutes. He is so cute and cuddly and Ava is quite the second mom to him. She loves her snacks.

Well after the kids left around 2:30 Nancy took off for the rec to get a workout in and I finished a read I brought from the public library in Sparta. I managed to get a 15 minute nap myself while she was gone as well. We were having out house church get together at 6:30 with a meal and pool party combined at the parents of Jon Perrys house. Wow do they ever have a nice pool and patio area for large gatherings. We had about 25 people there and room for lots more and the food was excellent with; BBQ pulled pork, macaroni salad, broccoli salad, pasta salad, corn casserole, salsa and all kinds of chips and soft drinks. We all had a great time and many thanks to Jim and Laurie for opening up their pool for our gathering.

Well its been non stop since we've been here and tonight(Thursday) is no different as we are taking GG and Pap out to dinner at the Bone Fish Grille in Largo and probably back here for some kind of card game. This morning I'm heading over to do some yard work for them before getting to the gym to play some pickle ball from noon to 2 PM, at least its inside the gym with a/c. Well I will close for now as Nancy is making her way to the computer after her quiet time. LATER

No comments: