Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday

Well once again I was wide awake at 6 AM and ready for the new day. After our quiet times we both decided to eat lite with oatmeal and fruit. I headed out to check on the slug damage and found several of the slimy creatures eating my beans and marigolds. After squashing several I decided it best to give them a shot of malathion. I saw several curl up on contact but found a dozen or more this evening as I made my last walk around before dark. The transplants from yesterday are doing good as long as I don't put them in the ground until they get a little bigger so I'm keeping them in the wheel barrow away from the slugs until they get a little bigger.

Nancy and I took off for our first hike of the day around 9 o'clock and was it ever invigorating as we made the back trail without stopping and only stopped one time throughout the hike until we made it back to the cabin.We then headed over to Helen's to do a few chores for her like cleaning out the gutter's of roofing nails and some small scraps on the roof as well as waterproofing her chimney with liquid silicone. We got back at noon and had a sandwich before I got involved in dismantling my old gas grill and putting new wheels on Helen's old gas grill. She's in the market for a new one some I'm refurbishing her old one as its hardly been used in the last several years plus its been kept in the garage.

After finishing with the grill I took apart the 2 screen doors I picked up from Mike and Nancy's place; sanded and painted them both with the first coat of paint. That kept me busy until 4:30 so I took a break and helped Nancy get supper ready. We heated up the leftover October beans and smoked ribs along with a salad and some canned peas, yikes those ribs were as good as the day we smoked them. After supper we watched the 142nd running of the the third leg of the Triple Crown horse race at the Belmont Stakes. It was a good race and an unknown horse with a unique name won. After the race we headed off once again for our evening hike and it was another no stopping on the back trail up to the top.

I thought sure we were going to get a rain this evening as its really humid and the temp is still near 80 as I write at 8:30 PM. Last night in Piney Creek(about 15-20 miles from us) they had a cloud burst with over 3 inches of rain in no time, yikes flooding was everywhere according to neighbor Ray who stopped by for a brief visit this afternoon as well.

Well not much else is going on except we are mellowing this evening, worship in the morning at Cornerstone. LATER

No comments: