Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday

Well it was another HOT day in sunny humid Florida and after our quiet times and a bowl of oatmeal we headed to the rec to workout but the exercise room was closed for maintenance so we headed on over to Amy's as we were picking them up after our supposed workout. I walked across Seminole Blvd to my barber and had Patty lower my ears. Afterwards we headed back to our place as their car was being serviced at Twill Auto for their upcoming trip to the mountains for the 4th of July week. I watched both grand babies as Nancy and Amy took off for some shopping. I love watching and interacting with them both and especially Ava as long as I have snacks.

We cleaned up the leftover salad from last nights dinner with some ham and turkey on top. Yumm!! The girls then made ginger snap cookies and neighbor John and son Phoenix came by for a visit. After they left we took Amy and the kids home for their afternoon nap and we hit the workout room again at the rec. I did 45 minutes on the elliptical and ended with a very wet t-shirt. It wasn't quite as strenuous as the hike up the back trail but it would suffice for now plus I've put on at least 2 pounds by the scales in 4 days. Yikes and after tonight's roast lamb dinner with smashed spuds and gravy, green beans, salad, rolls and chocolate cake with white icing(which I passed up) its no wonder I haven't added at least 5 pounds or more. Tomorrow is our house church and there will be another dinner at least we have the pool at John's folks house to help work off some of the dinner. Should be a fun time and good to reconnect with many we haven't seen in over a month. Well its about to storm here with thunder in the distance and lightening started to fly around so I will call it another busy day. LATER

No comments: