Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday

Wow I couldn't help but think as I pedaled to the rec. this morning after my quiet time and a lite breakfast how beautiful it was here in sunny Florida. The low ground fog and fresh crisp air made the morning all the more spring like instead of the cold drab Novembers I was use to growing up in Virginia. It always snow on Thanksgiving Day.

After 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball of which we had 10 players today and the first 45 minutes we only had 3 and that really made for a strenuous workout with 2 on 1. I headed by the library on the way home and picked up a couple books that were on hold for me. I got back around 11 AM and Nancy was getting ready to take her mom, G/G shopping. They left around 11:30 so I ate a ham sandwich and then watered the garden before tackling the window screens. Many had small holes and some were just so discolored it was time to change them. I did 9 window screens in all. Now that we can open the windows and turn the a/c off for now as the temps go down in the 60's at night. It's most pleasant.

Nancy got back around 3 PM so we headed out for about a 45 minute walk around the neighborhood I sure got my exercise for the day. Nancy made up a large pot of chili to take to our house church at Carol and Dan's house this evening at 6:30. Several made chili as well as salad, brownies and a corn pudding much like corn bread. It sure was good eatin' especially with 5 different chili's. We finished up the last chapter in Fireproofing your marriage and talked about several different community projects.

Well its after 10 PM and my eyelids are getting heavy. LATER.

No comments: