Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday

Well what a beautiful way to start the day with a few moments with our Creator then a piece of homemade banana nut bread our daughter, Amy made along with a cup of green tea. After all this I jumped on the bike and pedaled to the rec. for 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball. We had some very good play the first hour; fast and furious until the newbies started to arrive around 8:30. We had a total of 12 players in all with 3 nets in use. There were lots of wet shirts.

After PB I got in a little gardening before Amy and Ava came for lunch. Nancy got back from her 30 minutes on the treadmill and we had an early lunch as we were expecting dear friend Daisy and daughter Niki to arrive some where around 1 PM. Keep Daisy in your thoughts and prayers as she has been initially diagnosed with a form of cancer in her back and neck area. There is a chance since she has been taking self administered shots because of her low white blood cell count that this maybe the reason for this diagnosis. We can only hope and pray that the MRI that brought this condition to light to the doctor is a result of those shots.We had a good visit with her and Niki and shared lots of laughter, stories and pictures.

Well after they left Nancy took another walk and I continued working in the garden as I moved some plants up into larger containers. I moved up kale and lettuce and I have just about finished with the turning the garden under or over with a shovel. I have lots of beans poking through the ground as well as the new marigolds seedlings putting on another leaf. Its hard to believe I just started planting seeds 8 days ago. The soil sure looks good and black after all the leaves I put on it last May before heading to the mountains. The earthworms really did a number breaking down all those leaves into compost.

Nancy fixed the last of the beets I grew in the mountains along with sweet potatoes, ham and a salad for dinner. Yumm!!! No wonder I can't lose any inches off this waistline. Well will close for now, LATER.

No comments: