Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday

We had some much needed rain Sunday evening and through out the night. The morning was a wet one but there was sunshine in the east when I headed out to the rec. after my quiet time and a lite breakfast. We still have the a/c on as the humidity is still high with temp's in the low 80's all day. After a good 2 1/2 hour workout at pickle ball with about 14 players I headed home on the bike and got another good hour before lunch in the garden.

Amy, Ava and Nancy headed off to the grocery store to pick up a few things and I finished up the leftover chili from last week for lunch while the girls made BLT's. After lunch I worked in the garden transplanting lettuce, staking my pole beans and weeding until nearly 3 PM. Boy did I ever work up a sweat. I sat out under the big oak tree in the back yard and read for nearly an hour before it was time to get ready and head to Amy and Tyler's for supper. She made a chicken and rice casserole, green beans and stuffing on top. Nancy brought a salad. Yikes, Amy that was really good. Thanks for having us.

Not much else going on around here except I'm ready to cut the a/c off and let in some fresh cool air. LATER

No comments: