Monday, November 9, 2009

Sunday and Monday on Monday

Well as most of you know we are back in the Sunshine State for the winter and now with daughter, Amy expecting her second child which just so happens to be our first grandson it looks as if it will be towards the end of May or first of June before we get to return to the mountains. When I say we love the mountain folks and the ambiance there believe me, we do. Anyhow we had a great trip down on Sunday and we want to thank all who prayed traveling mercies for us. I couldn't sleep Saturday so I just closed my eyes and rested for about 5 hours before getting up at 3:30 so we could leave by 5:00 AM. The temp at the bottom of the mountain was 34 and it was 84 when we reached home. Not to terribly hot but hot enough the a/c is still on.

We were able to pickup the BUCS on the radio and learned they won their first game of the season by beating the PACKERS. Look out my PANTHER buddies!!!

Sunday evening after unloading all the coolers, clothes and whatnot's we headed over to GG's and Pap's house for a birthday celebration dinner for Betsy(Nancy's older sister). Pap had a beautiful sirloin roast cooked to perfection(pink in the middle) along with smashed spuds, spinach casserole, mac & cheese, salad with Greek dressing and coconut cake for dessert(Betsy choice). YUMMM!!! Both grand girls were there and course with their parents along with Aunt Betsy and her oldest son, Braden.
Sunday night found me unable to get to sleep; the pillow was to fat(next year I'm taking these pillows to the mtns.)the a/c ran all night(not use to the noise), fan on over the bed(only on very hot nights in the mtns) I couldn't find Nancy in this King size bed( its a queen in the mtns.) plus I had lots of little chores so I completed most while trying to sleep, anyhow I was staring at the clock at 6 AM. It's been many moons since I've been awake at that hour.

I headed out with a PB buddy who came by to give me a ride to the Rec. as my bike had a flat tire from when we were in Fl. in Oct. Nancy came around 9:45 to do 30 minutes on the tread mill. We headed out to Sam's club around 10:45 to stock up and of course Nancy found some stuffed horses that make all kinds of noises for the grand girls for Christmas. So after getting back from Winn-Dixie, Sam's and Publix we finally were able to have a bite of lunch. At least I'm on the way to lose a couple of pounds from all that good eatin' in the mountain.

After lunch I headed out to fix my flat tire so I can now pedal my rear to the Rec. and then I worked in the garden and yard. I brought back from the mountains some kale plants, parsley, oregano, mustard greens and course some volunteer 'mater plants. I spaded up the garden an planted 3 rows of 1/2 runner beans, marigolds and the other plants I brought back. The whole time I was working in the back yard a little black dog barked non stop. Yikes I miss the distances between our properties. Oh well at least it was overcast today and not blazing HOT.

Well I've rambled on enough. First let me say I love my Florida Family, church and friends but there is just something about the mountains that blesses us and draws us. Maybe it the lack of people and I love people but seriously what we see everyday is GOD made in the mountains and what we see here is people made. We were at an intersection today with 6 lanes each way and I know there were more people in the cars at that intersection than all of Alleghany County, N.C. We are not the only snow birds back. The roads look like the ending of a football game. Packed!!!

Well I must say everything thing here is flat, no hills, no stairs and the super market and stores are 5 minutes away, so its cheaper in that respect. But nobody waves, everybody is in a hurry and most are just downright rude.

Well I can't forget to say how great it was to get back into the PB swing of things. Everyone made me feel welcome to be back for the next few months. There was 12 players today and we had some slug fests . Tomorrow we are starting at 7:30 so we can get in a little fast and furious play before some of the lesser aggressive players arrive. Jersey Jim is noted for the marks he leaves on your body from his powerful overheads.
LATER!!

No comments: