Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesday


Well it was an early start for me today as I met with 4 other pickle ball players at 7:30 AM so we could get in some fast and furious play before some of the less aggressive players arrived which is usually around 8:30. After a lite breakfast and my quiet time I headed to the rec. on my bike. It seems the tire patch worked on the rear tube, so far.The 5 of us had a great workout which lasted until 10. I was really starting to feel tired around 9:15 but stuck it out. We had about 10 players today total. A couple have some health issues so their play was sporadic at best.

After the workout I stopped by the library and picked up a couple books. It was good to be made to feel "welcome back" from several of the library staff. I pedaled on home and got a chance to thank neighbors Jim and Laurie for his care of our yard and her keeping a lookout on our house while we were gone this summer. It's a great feeling to have super neighbors. Thanks again, guys!!!


I managed to catch upon a few chores plus plant a few more seeds in the garden. It looked like rain all day and finally around 5 PM it started to rain. Wow is it ever dry here. Nancy took off to the mall with Amy and Ava to do some shopping. They got back a little after lunch. I read a little with Ava before the girls decided to make chocolate chip cookies. Nancy sure makes it tough to lose a little of this spare tire, oh well. The girls headed home around 3 PM so I picked up a book and read until it was time for supper around 6 PM, by then it was not only getting dark but was pouring a well.


Nancy did fried chicken in the oven with some oven 'taters, fresh broccoli and a small salad. Good eatin' as usual and I was hungry since I hadn't eaten since about 11 AM after getting home from the library.The rec. is closed tomorrow in honor of Veteran's Day so we will probably walk the neighborhood. LATER

No comments: