Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday

Well the morning started out with a light rain but much cooler temps. Actually it was 59 degrees and I had to wear a flannel shirt as I pedalled to the rec. at about 7:15. After my quiet time and a breakfast of oatmeal, banana and blueberries I headed out. There were 4 of us for pickle ball and we played fast and furious for about an hour before the others began to arrive. We wound up with a total of 10 players today. I played an extra 1/2 hour and finally gave it up for the day after 3 hours of play, but it sure felt good and I think I can feel the ounces melting away.

After PB and Nancy's workout on the treadmill we wanted to checkout the new Walmart grocery store in Largo. Their can products are significantly cheaper than Publix. We stopped by the vegetable stand and picked up 'maters, turnips, cukes, peppers and a dill plant. Amy and Ava were waiting for us when we got home so we had lunch together. After eating I headed out to the gardens. I finished turning over the one garden and planted some sugar peas and some more beans. I transplanted about a dozen lettuce and kale seedlings along with some marigold seeds.

Nancy fixed steak fajitas for supper along with re-fried beans. Yumm!! Well not much else is happening around here except one of our long time dear friends was just diagnosed with the possibility of cancer in her back. She has to see an oncologist next Tuesday. Please keep Daisy and her family in your thoughts and prayers. LATER.

No comments: