Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday





































Well this morning is one word gorgeous. The cool air had just enough moisture for a lite dew. If I could see mountains I would think I was in "nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina in the morning." Yikes what a way to start the day after our quiet times and oatmeal with a 'nana. I headed out to the rec. about 7:15 on the bike for some pickle ball. There were at times 12-14 people. 4 of us hard hitters got in about an hour of some fast and furious play before others meandered in and all toll we played until 10 AM. Good workout with lots of wet shirts.

After PB I headed out to Home Depot to pick up some gardening essentials; potting soil, perlite, seeds(radishes & broccoli) and some basil and a jalapeno pepper plants. I also picked up a bag of Bermuda grass seed, hopefully it will help to cover the bald spot under the oak tree in my front yard. Its supposed to not need much water as the once St.Augustine grass which has dried up since we were in the mountains this summer. Oh well I have a nice stand of grass up there.

I ate a quick lunch then got out the hedge cutters and gave the bushes a good trimming as well as potted up the new plants and sowed the grass seed after raking all the acorns, sticks and dead dried leaves from the front yard. I was busy with this until after 4 PM. Ava and Amy came for lunch and Ava visited with me in the back yard. She is such a talker and I found her a "molly grub" while turning over some garden. She said it was to ugly to play with but did go back from time to time to check on its whereabouts.

Neighbor Ken went deep sea fishing on Sunday and brought us a nice red grouper fillet he and a couple buddies caught in 40 feet of water. He said they hooked over a 100 fish but only 4 were large enough to keep. They have to be 25 inches to keep. Nancy fried that 1 fillet for supper and we had 2 pieces left over. Yumm was that ever good and fresh. Thanks Ken!!!
Well I want to post a few pics from Saturdays wedding reception for George and Felicia who were married in Texas a couple weeks ago. LATER

No comments: