Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesday

Well it sure was foggy, overcast and muggy all day here in whats supposed to be sunny Florida. I believe I did see the sun for just a moment right before we had a much needed downpour around 4 PM. After my quiet time and a banana for breakfast I headed out to the rec at 7:20 on the bike for some pickle ball. There were 3 die hard players at first then we had a 75 year old lady to join us who played absolutely wonderful. Irma had been to the rec before and was know by the other 2 players, anyhow we teamed up and managed to play 5 sets before winning the 5th and final set 12-10. She is a delight to play with and so much more so at her age. There was a total of 9 players altogether as several were away for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Tomorrow is the last day until next Monday as the rec will be closed for the weekend.

After a wet tee shirt and 2 1/2hours of play I stopped off at the library to pick up a book I had ordered before heading home to do a little garden and yard work. Nancy had taken her mother and sister to Citrus Park Mall to do Christmas shopping so I had the rest of the day to catch up on some reading. I read a book by Philip Carlo entitled THE NIGHT STALKER. Yikes this book with make you make sure your house is closed up tight at night. What an animal he was and is thankfully now on death row in California.

Nancy got home around 5 PM so we had oven french fries, bratwurst's and green peas for dinner. Quick and easy. Well not much else going on, LATER.

No comments: