Saturday, November 14, 2009

Friday on Saturday Morning
















The morning started out with me once again up at the crack of dawn(6:15) as I now pedal out about 7:15 to the rec. for PB at 7:30. After my quiet time, cup of hot green tea and some oatmeal with a banana I'm ready for some PB. That extra 1/2 hour gives us hard hitters a real good start on a wet tee shirt, but by 9:30 I can really start to feel the lead in the legs. Oh well maybe I can get back into shape or least trim a little off the the middle. At least I'm not eating those big breakfast's; fried 'taters, brown free range eggs, buckwheat pancakes with a banana in the batter, grits with a dollop of Amish butter. Oh man, those were the morning in the mountains!!!

After 2 1/2 hours of continuous play at the rec. I stopped by the library and picked up a couple books, Oh by the way if your interested in a true crime book by Philip Carlo, THE ICE MAN. This book is not for the squeamish!!! Neighbor, Gerald in the mountain let me read his copy and I finished it here after getting the hardbound from the library. Pictures are included.

I managed to get a little more garden and yard work in as the afternoon was delightful with temps in the low 70's and bright sunshine. After a lite lunch I sat outside under the big oak tree and read for a couple hours with my shirt off, soaking up that delicious sunshine. Nancy and I knew we were heading out to Tampa around 4 PM in hopes we would beat most of the rush hour traffic. We took the toll road over to Brandon then headed south. We stopped at Publix and picked up a rotisserie chicken along with the sides for dinner as Bob and Jill were eating out with there small group.
Nancy and Annsley made a batch of chocolate chip cookies together. Annsley is so cute in her little apron and is very studious about mixing all the ingredients into a large bowl. She often helps Bob make things while standing on her a chair while wearing her apron. So Cute!!! The cookies were great if you judge them by the smeared chocolate on her face. Sorry I didn't get a picture of that but use your imagination. It took 2 wet paper towels to clean her up.

After her bath time and 3-4 books she was ready for bed and we never heard a peep from her once she went to bed. Bob and Jill got back a little before 11 so we headed out as it takes a little less than hour to get home. The traffic that was on the roads at that hour was just unbelievable. At least no deer jumped out in front of us. We commented many times on the weekend we would come back to the cabin on the main road (21) to and from Sparta at 10 PM and never meet another vehicle. Interstate 75 and I-4 looked like parking lots at 11 PM. What a difference in life styles.

I slept in after initially waking at 6:15 (the internal alarm clock) and Nancy did fix one of those big breakfast's of; fried ham, leftover 'taters and fried a couple eggs along with toast and homemade jam. Good eatin'. I checked on the garden for squirrel damage as the little buggers like to dig holes in the soil looking for acorns from the 2 big oak trees in my yard. I did notice that I had beets poking through the ground after only being planted on Tuesday. All of my seedlings I brought back from N.C. made it and even the large mature kale plants made it as well. Well I've rambled long enough. LATER

No comments: