Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wednesday

Well the temps here in usually Hot sunny Florida has moderated we are making plans to head back to the mountains for a couple weeks on Sunday. The temps there are a bit chilly at night from what we've heard but nice Fall weather during the day. Our mornings here are about the same with quiet times, lite breakfast(I'm back on oatmeal and fruit) and then a ride to the rec for pickle ball. We had a nice crowd with some really good play for 2 continuous hours before I pedalled home to do a little tree work on the tree behind us.

I sawed off several branches letting in lots of light and also made it more difficult for the squirrels that invade my garden as they head into the hood on the power lines then jump off into neighboring trees. I know you think I'm making a big deal about squirrels but they are very damaging pests that will just not go away, so every time I see one in the trees I load him up with a BB, of course I seldom make contact but at least they run off.

We had a salad for lunch and ate alone as Amy took off to Tampa with kids to visit Tyler for lunch. It sure was quiet around here. I tuned into the Ray's after lunch to watch them get a whupping at the hands of the Texas Rangers by a 5-1 score. The Ray's haven't been impressive the last couple weeks even if they did win the pennant in their division. Sure hope they put it together today as the next 2 games are in Texas.

We headed out to our local house church for a meeting and supper. Nancy made a huge pot of Tortilla soup and they was also Zuppa and a fresh garden salad as well as a pumpkin pie. I stayed away from the pie but had a bowl of each of the soups. After church we headed back to watch a little of the other playoff games before calling it a night. LATER

No comments: