Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tuesday

Well the temps here are still unseasonably warm which is really nice for doing outside work. After a good nights sleep we were up before daylight, did our quiet times and had a bowl of boring oatmeal with fruit before heading outside. I started blowing leaves into piles so I could grind them with my new blower/mulcher. Well the blower was great for getting them into piles but the mulcher is much too slow so I improvised and started bagging them into a trash can and carrying them down to the garden area where I took the lawn mower and ran over them reducing 10 huge trash cans down to 3. That was much faster and easier and even that took me several hours to accomplish. I spread them into my lower garden to give the worms a little food for the winter. Hopefully, I can use neighbor Normans roto-tiller and turn the garden over before leaving this winter.

Nancy and I headed out about 11 for our one and only hike of the day as we were entertaining Helen and Joe for supper. Nancy had a pot roast in the oven with 'taters, carrots and celery(which smelled delicious all afternoon as the aroma drifted out the open windows) and made a banana cream pie for dessert along with a crisp garden salad. We were all stuffed. After they left we cleaned up and were to full to walk, plus it was starting to get dusk so we just sat around watching the baseball games and once again the Rangers whupped the Yankees and the Giants beat the Phillie's. I couldn't have chosen better results.

I'm writing this on Wednesday morning and the rain on the tin roof woke us up around 6 AM and what a nice sound as well. The cabin is all snug and cozy and with the rain softly on the roof it makes one want to go back to bed; actually it was close to 7:30 before I ventured out to check the temp's(50 degrees) and stay up. It looks like a stay inside morning and do some inside jobs. Our dear friends Walt and Thelia are coming for supper and to do a small(I hope) plumbing job in the basement. LATER.

No comments: