Monday, August 31, 2009

Sunday and Monday on Monday




Sunday morning started out with beautiful sun light streaming through the trees and with a heavy dew dripping from the roof top. It was 60 degrees. After our quiet times and a lite breakfast we got ready for Worship at Cornerstone. What an awesome message with fantastic praise music. After church we headed home for a leftover lunch and settled in after a short walk in the woods to watch the Little League World Series. California beat the team from Taipei. It was a good game with lead changes.

We had been invited over to the Daltons to eat burgers and play Sequence later in the evening. We took a couple pictures of their gigantic pumkins and of their horses.The burgers were great as it was butchered beef and not store bought. Good Eating!! Well the girls( Mechelle, Kay and Nancy) had a winning night as they won on the last hand 5-4. That was the first for them in awhile.The play was fun and boisterious. We played until 9:30 and then called it a night.

Monday morning brought a soft rain beating on the tin roof and much cooler temp's so we just rolled over and stayed in the warm bed. Finally around 8:30 we emerged from the warm covers to start the day. I had my usual cup of hot green tea and did my quiet time. Nancy headed for upstairs to do her quiet time. Afterwards she fried up a couple eggs and I sliced a couple of fresh tomato's. Wow do I love that combination.

After breakfast we got ready to head out for our morning walk to the top. I picked a few tomato's and peppers to take to our senior buddy on top along with money for our next dozen of range free brown eggs. Man are they good. The yoke is orange. After getting back from our hike Nancy heated up a can of chicken noodle soup for lunch. After lunch I decided too spread more lime and grass seed. The grass seed I sowed last Tuesday is already showing color. The temps for the day so far were still below 70. The sun was shining brightly. The lettuce seeds(Romaine) I sowed 3 days ago are up as well as the mustard seeds.

Nancy had to go to Sparta so I decided to try and fixed my spreader as the shaft broke on it while spreading the lime. I knew I was playing pickle ball with Ted, John and Rick this evening so I took it easy until it was time to head out at 5 PM. Well we had some great spirited play and played for 2 1/2 hours. Needless to say we all had soaked shirt. The play was fast and fun. These guys are really getting into this game. Hopefully their love for the game will rub off on others this fall and winter. Well I got home around 8 PM and Nancy had made a great one dish dinner of pork tenderloin and fresh green beans over rice, especially when doused with soy sauce. One of my favorites as well. Well tomorrow I will put together a must of scuppernong grapes. LATER

No comments: