Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wednesday

It sure tuned out to be a beautiful day even though there were time when it looked like rain during the day and the evening did give way to a violent thunder storm with; lightning, thunder and a heavy down pour around supper time. The rain was very heavy at times and dropped the outside temps down 20 degrees.

After our morning quiet time and a light breakfast I ventured out to do some garden work before we did our mid morning hike. I slept very lightly last night as I was still keyed up about traveling back to the mountains. I was up at 6:30 but had been awake since 5:30.

Our morning hike to the top was a good one with no rest stops on the way. We ran into an old friend, John Cottle and visited with him for a few minutes. His grand daughter is visiting from California. After our hike I started weed eating and finally got all the yards mowed before the storm set in an was able to spread lime as well. The rain should help the grass to turn green with all this lime

Nancy fixed a great stir fry with chicken breast, sugar peas(home grown) and other veggies. Yumm is all I can say. The rain lasted for nearly an hour.LATER

No comments: