Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday

Well the day started early with little sleep as I had a restless night waiting for Bob and Family to arrive from Florida. I use to drive all night when my kids were little so they could sleep and cut down on "are we there yet"and "how much longer." Those were the days and have they quickly slipped away. Bob and Jill took turns driving and pulled in around 8 AM after a nearly 12 hour trip. Annsley slept most of the night and arrived fresh and ready to play. Bob took a small nap at first so I loaded up Annsley on the golf cart and we went visiting for about an hour. Bob was awake and was making some scrambled eggs and ham when we got back.

We played around outside with Annsley after eating and waiting for Grandma to get home from Sparta. We pulled her in the wagon, chased her around the porch and deck, read books and played cars. She is quite the live wire and a great talker. After Nancy got home we had bite of lunch and Bob and I got ready to meet Ted Smith for pickle ball at Roaring Gap. It was a beautiful day for play and each of us had a good workout until a little after 4 PM.Bob and I headed to Galax to pickup a few items he forgot and left home.

We got back to the cabin around 6:30 and Nancy was warming up the spaghetti sauce and meatballs she made yesterday along with a fresh garden salad and garlic bread topped with a homemade pesto sauce. Wow was that ever good eatin'. After dinner and clean-up Bob made a rub for the pork butt's that we are going to put on the smoker first thing in the morning. The Carlson Family who moved to Clemmon's from Florida a couple of years ago are coming after lunch for dinner and games.

I built a fire just before dark so we sat around and enjoyed it while Bob strummed on the guitar and I later burned trash until it got pitch black. After a nice hot shower I can hardly keep my eyes open and Bob just turned in as well. LATER

No comments: