Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tuesday

Well I was awake at 4 Am when the alarm went off, actually I cut the alarm before it went off. You would think someone who on Monday morning first mowed the yard and went to pickle ball for 2 hours then replaced some termite infested fence in the hot sun at 95 degrees would have no trouble sleeping, well that surely wasn't me as I stared at the clock every hour until it was time to wake Nancy to get ready to travel. We headed out at 5:11 AM on our way to N.C. The temperature at that time was 87 degrees and so humid its hard to describe. I truly don't remember it being that hot and humid when I put that uniform.

We had an uneventful trip which are the very best, other than a slight detour where road construction caused us to take an alternate route we made super time. We would have made it in 10 1/2 hours. That would have been the best time ever. We stopped off in Elkin, N.C. and picked up some groceries as Bobby and family are arriving early Friday morning after driving all night. We will have a couple days to get the yard and gardens in shape so we can play while they are here for a week.

Well I'll close for now missing all of our loved ones and Thanking especially our neighbors Jim and Laurie for looking not only after our house but keeping the yards in such good shape. LATER

No comments: