Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tuesday

Wow it was after 8 when we finally got out of bed this morning. It felt good to sleep in and the temps were in the 50's once again. By the time we finished our quiet time it was going on 10 AM so I threw a load of laundry in the washer checked all the the gardens and woofed down a left over buckwheat pancake with a ripe banana on top with some honey I was set for the morning. I know that sounds bad but try it. Its really good.

Amy called and said it was close to 9:30 when they finally got home. Ava fell asleep in her car seat and slept until 6 this morning. She did good for being on such a long trip. Won't be long until we will get to love up on both Annsley and Ava as we will head to Florida on the 25 th. After a good long hike to the top of the mountain we came back and got another load of laundry out on the line. It was such a nice day for drying clothes. I did a few garden chores and then got ready to take out a tree I had cut off last year. I decided to dig down around the roots and saw it off below the ground level. Meanwhile Nancy, had lunch ready and I finish off the spaghetti from over the weekend.

After the tree was taken out I headed down to help our neighbor, Jodi with some weed wacking. I worked there for an hour or more then headed back to do some basement chores as it was starting to warm up and I had a good sweat. The basement stays about 60 degrees or cooler and feels down right refreshing on a hot day or when you just need to cool down.

It was getting to be close to dinner time so I took a break and picked some fresh herbs for a salad Nancy as preparing for dinner. The salad was topped with the last 2 left over grilled chicken breasts. The Greek dressing topped off a delicious salad along with garlic bread. Nancy carved up a small seedless watermelon for dessert. Yikes did we eat good in the hood tonight and healthy, too.

After dinner I did a little raking in the back yard under the trees and worked up a good sweat before we took off on a hike down to the creek so Nancy could swing. The evening was just beautiful with no humidity and temps in the low 70's. Well will close for now as its a big shopping day to Galax, Va in the morning. LATER

No comments: